Sunday, November 6, 2016

Wings over Houston

As promised I am sharing so about the Houston Airshow that happened October 22 and 23. This year I went on Sunday the 23 and have to say I loved that the crowd on Sunday morning was quite a bit smaller then on Saturday's from previous years. This year the Blue Angels were the main military demo group.
Sunday morning we got to the Airshow around 9 in the morning. Since my husband's squander had a plane out there we helped set up for the day.  After helping set up the cover and laying out the Challenge Coins, Patches, Stickers and Tee-Shirts they were selling for the Family Readiness Fund.  Which pays for the yearly family day, a Christmas party (if they decide to do one) and any emergencies that may happen (such as sending flower if there is a death in the family or something drastically bad happens and they need to help someone out).  The Husband and I left things in the hands of the other people that were out there with us and walked around a little.  Once we saw what we wanted and the flying demonstrations were about to start we got some food and went back to the plane.  I sat at the table knitting in between sales, while my Husband and four of the people who he works with walked around the plane and answer questions about her.  I only went out from under cover to get some pictures or video of the demonstration flights.  I find the air show entertaining and even sitting under the cover so I don't burn I do get to see most of the flights.  With out further a due here are a few pictures from Wings over Houston:
This is me with my dpn behind my ear and our F-16 behind me. (I had just got done making some sales.  There are actually four chairs behind me but the only time the guys sat down was to eat). 
I think that these were some of the torah torah torah planes but cant remember now.
This is just one of the bi-planes they had out there. I love the old bi-planes and miss the wing walkers that I got to see at other air shows.  There are not many wing walkers left nor to many air shows that allow them due to the danger.
And finally here are two of the Blue Angles.  This picture was taken as they were taxing out from where they park the jets to the actual run way.

Well I hope that you enjoyed this post about the air show.  I should have posted sooner so that I could remember more interesting details but there is always next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment