Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday

Good Morning World! I don't know about you but I hurt,  I think that I may have done too much yesterday. It is that or there is just no place that I can sit in my house with my back hurt.  I sit here with my first cup of tea.  This morning it is Lavender Earl Grey with honey to sweeten it and milk.  Ever since visiting England I have found a love for milk in my tea. Einstein, mostly known as Ein in our house is trying to help me write this morning he is purring for all his worth on my lap as I type.
He settled down after we took this picture and he is now resting mostly in my lap with his front pawls on my arm.  He is nothing if not helpful when one is working on any computer. 

Yesterday other then finishing my post on the air show, I did 5 loads of laundry and put all 5 of them away. Dishes, well more like loaded the dishwasher there is still not enough to run it so after dinner tonight I should have enough to run a load of dishes. The best part of the day is I finally settled on a design that I like for my mother's Christmas gift. This year my mother asked me to make her a shawl.  Since I normally make very lacey shawls that I don't think my mother would wear much I have settled on a lace edging to a shawl style scarf that I am designing just for her.  I think that once the pattern is done I will post it for sale on Ravelry and my Etsy page.  Once the pattern is done I will post links to both places.  I probably will not post the pattern until at least December, just because I don't want my mom to find it since she does have ravelry and knows of my etsy shop.  I am toying with a very lacey shawl design right now but it is still in the very early stages and I don't think it  will be ready until summer.  I struggle with shawl designs, I find it hard to make it look like what I picture in my head.

Also on the designing board right now is my simple cuff down sock. I am writing a pattern of everything that I do in my simple no pattern cuff down socks right now so that I can share the pattern that I will be using come January first.  My no pattern sock is a combination of things that I like from other patterns and something that I have found that works for me when I want to make socks that are simple and do not feel like caring around a pattern.  But I will go more into that when ever I post the pattern up here. Soon to come on the design boards up a doubt will ever leave the design board is the requested cock sock.  Last year for my husband's work dirty Santa he asked me to make him a cock sock, and I did.  It was such a hit that he asked me to do another one.  This time I plan on using sock yarn and making it festive, meaning color work will be involved.  I am a little embarrassed to say that I have ever made on much less that I am designing one to be more festive.

I am honestly a little disappointed that it is already Monday, yet at the same time I can hardly wait for Wednesday.  I am not ready for the weekend to end, but my MRI is on Wednesday and that will put us one step closer to finding out what is wrong with my back.  I need to know so that I can figure out how to fix it.  My Husband thinks it is because I am not active enough and that it has caused my mussels to shorten and that I what is causing the issues.  Maybe he is right but it could be something else, I just don't know and I am tired of hurting most of the time.

 So if I do not make it back on here before the weekend here is a quick look at what I am working on this week.  Completing the writing and edits of the Sock Article (I am just not happy with it yet), working on the shawl scarf, finishing a pair of no pattern socks, along with the pattern for the no pattern socks, and working on the Autumn poncho that I put down in January or February of this year.  It will soon be weather that I can wear it in. I hope that your Monday goes by quickly and has no bad surprises for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment