Thursday, November 3, 2016

Change in focaus

I have not been on here for quite sometime.  The reason for this is because I have had a major change in focus over the last few months. With changes that are being made to the master knitter program I no longer feel the drive to get something that is nothing more than something for bragging rights.  I can find no reason or drive to continue at this time. I will not say that I will never want to go back and finish the program but at this time I no longer want to and haven't wanted to in a long time.  While I have learned a lot from the program I feel that there is more to learn by doing my own thing.  To be honest the master knitting program stole my knitting mojo for a while.  Since deciding to stop I have halfway finished a shawl and have almost finished a pair of socks that have been on my needles for almost a year.  I am working hard to finish some projects while starting only a few. 

I have big plans for next year, some of which includes knitting and some does not.  Starting in January I am going back to college.  I am planing on finishing my associates in general studies and then to transfer in to a major university for my bachelors in history. I want to focus on textile history, but may have to call my focus art history due to lack of programs that I can find. Along with going back to school I am going to do a 52 sock challenge.  You can find more on that in the coming weeks. Also I plan on putting up what I am calling blog articles in which I am focusing on one part of knitting and writing about it, covering mostly the history.  I am working on one and am hoping to have it up next week but am not sure that I will have it done by next week. Though this weekend is going to be a writing weekend for my husband so it can be one for me too.

Normally my Husband and I would either go somewhere for part of the weekend or I would have plans to do a ton of house work but I am being forced to slow down for the next month maybe more.  I have had issues with my back for about a year to a year and a half.  Anyone who has ever had a back injury can tell you how much fun it is.  Depending on the severity of the pain you are either walking non-stop hoping that the pain will stop or you are laying around trying to sleep all the time because when you are awake you are crying and wishing for death.  This latest attack of the back start on September the 23 and it was the type that you are walking as much as possible because it does not hurt if you keep moving as long as you don't step wrong and cause your body to wrench.  You don't move fast but you do get a ton of steps in.  It was starting to feel almost normal again when I stretched on Sunday September 30th and all I could do is lay around and cry. The specalist that I saw earlier the year and again this week called in stronger medications and put in to a MRI now I am waiting on insurance to approve the MRI.  After two days of the stronger medications I can honestly say I don't like them and think the stuff my PCP called in helps more.

The problem with having my back flare up this badly is I don't want to do much. I just want to sleep so I don't hurt.  That is why I don't know when I will be able to finish my article.  I am hoping that I wake up this weekend feeling like I do right now.  If I do then I will be able to write and knit. Which means that I can finish my article and post it here.  I can also finish the edits for the history of knitting paper that I wrote for the master's program and post it here since I do not plan on turning in any of that stuff anytime soon. 

I apologize for the rambling and thank you for reading my complaints.  I would promise not to do either again but we both know that would be a lie. Post that should be coming soon:  Wings of Houston, two knitting history articles, and the 52 sock challenge. Hope you come again, I am hoping to start writing here more now that I have my own dedicated computer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment