Saturday, November 26, 2016

Missed Last weeks post

So I missed posting last week, to be totally honest I was just to out of sorts to want to post.  I went to the Doctor and discovered what is causing my back pain, it was a little bit of a shock and ended somethings that I either needed to do or liked to do.  Such as running, while I am not a fan of it I needed to start running again to help lose some extra weight around my middle.  I was told I will probably never be able to run again.  The jarring movements of running could cause more damage to my back.  Which also means horse back riding is out for me, while I could still ride a gated horse I cant really ride my own anymore.  Not that I ride much and more.  Everything that I have to look for in exercise for my own safety is a little depressing.  I now have to work harder to lose the weight I want to get rid of and will have to start dieting. Which I will not start to much of that until after the first of the year. Because of that I did not feel like writing anything.  Though I did start a new sock on Thursday November 17th.  I started a plan sock to work on when I went to Magical Beast and Where to Find Them, I really enjoyed the movie and knit about 3 to 4 inches on the leg of the sock.  Then on Friday November 18th we went to Dr. Strange.  That movie was something that my husband wanted to see move then me, but it was still a fun movie.  If I didn't have my knitting I would have gotten a little restless during that movie.  I knitted another 3 to 4 inches on the leg of the sock.  I did not knit that weekend for some reason.

Now on to this last week, which has been much better, except for the sock candy incident. On Monday I got my knitting out of my bag, it was not in a knitting bag just loose in my big bag. It had a Junior Mint smashed into the part on the needles and in some to the yarn ball.  So I had to wash my knitting with the needles in it in order to get the candy off.  By Thursday it was dry and ready to start being knitted on again though I have not really started knitting on it again since I really need to work on the project that I am making for my mother's Christmas gift.  I have been working on it this week and worked on it yesterday while we were waiting on the book store to open.  They were giving out $5 gift cards to the first 100 people in to the store.  I was able to get one Christmas present while I was there.  Then we went longboarding.  We just cruised around Walter Hall Park playing pokemon for a couple of hours. Then I hit up the yarn store, where I was able to get some good deals on yarn.  Then we went off to the Outlet mall to try to get the Husbands a new pair of converse just to skate in.  That was a total bust but when we went into the skate shop there I did get a new skater dress and a new tee shirt.  Over all a good day.  Right now the Husband is working on some homework I am about to do some online Christmas shopping, then some knitting and some other writing that I need to do.  Tomorrow I am going to do some designing.  After all I have new yarn to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment